Easton Embezzlement Defense Attorneys
At the Shipley Law Firm, our staff of dedicated lawyers has the trial experience necessary to efficiently defend our clients against a range of offenses. When you need skilled defense, contact our office.
Embezzlement, commonly referred to as employee theft, can refer to a wide range of situations such as misappropriating employer funds, misuse of a trust account, ringing up fraudulent transactions, theft of merchandise or simply taking money out of a cash register. These charges can lead to serious consequences and need to be aggressively defended. If you have been charged with a theft crime or embezzlement seek legal guidance as soon as possible.
Consult us before you speak to the police.
Maryland Theft Charge Defense Firm
In Maryland, the theft statutes are constantly evolving. Currently, the penalties are categorized by dollar amount of the stolen item(s).
- Less than $100, the maximum penalty is 90 days and a $500 fine for what is essentially a shoplifting charge.
- Between $100 and $1,000, the maximum penalty is five years and a $5,000 fine.
- More than $1,000, the theft crime is now a felony punishable by up to 10 years and a $10,000 fine.
- Between $10,000 and $100,000, the maximum penalty is 15 years and a $15,000 fine.
- More than $100,000, the maximum penalty is 25 years and a $25,000 fine.
If you are charged with a theft crime, you might also be charged with burglary or robbery. It is crucial that you have a skilled attorney who can defend you against these serious crimes. At the Shipley Law Firm, we understand the prosecutor’s tactics and will build a defense that is effective and unique. Embezzlement cases are very complex, and require an experienced trial attorney.